Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Zaijian Class 2 and Class 5


Class 5


Class 2 working on their letters


Class 2

This morning was the last time I will teach Classes 2 and 5 at Lanzhou No.33 Middle School. I have really enjoyed teaching these classes and I am sure that I have learned just as much from the students as they have learned from me. I was very impressed by the students enthusiasm for learning and of course their classroom behavior given that there are more than 55 students in each class!

For one of my final exercises I asked the students to compose a very short letter using the following sentence to begin; "I would like the people of Christchurch to know ........"

Here are some of their responses;

"I would like the people of Christchurch to know that China as more than 5000 years history. We are very happy that more foreigners come to China."

"I would like the people of Christchurch to know about our school life. We are very busy. We study at school at least 8 hours. But we have beef noodles."

"I would like the people of Christchurch to know that Lanzhou is a big city. And the people of Lanzhou are very friendly, kind, and honest."

"I would like the people of Christchurch to know about Lanzhou's Beef Noodles, they are very famous and very delicious. Lanzhou has a long history. Gansu is a very important province in China. I think our city is wonderful, but needs more and more construction."

But my personal favourite is;

"I would like the people of Christchurch to know about our teacher who has a head like a television. He's very lovely."

No comments: