Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thrills at White Pagoda Mountain


The end of the flying fox ................


Jeff demonstrating what could potentially happen at the end of the flying fox.


White Pagoda Mountain

White Pagoda Mountain

This morning 4 of us set out for White Pagoda Mountain. We took a cable car over the Yellow River to the top of the mountain and then wandered down. There are great views of the city from the top. On the way down we came across a small pond with giant oxygen filled balloons. Two of us elected to try the balloons out. Basically we stepped into a giant deflated balloon which was pumped full of oxygen, sealed, and then pushed out onto the pond. It was fun for the first 5 minutes, until the combination of laughing so hard from falling over and a lack of oxygen made us question our decision. After exiting the balloon I think the sudden influx of oxygen went straight to my head and I convinced myself that along with the guys I should try out the flying fox on the mountain. It was fun, but for a brief moment at the end of the when I saw that only 2 men holding a rope stood between me and a thick pad I had another moment of clarity and questioned my apparently low safety standards! After finally making it down to the bottom of the mountain we walked back to campus and got ready for the Opening Ceremony for the Ambassador Program. The ceremony was our first chance to experience a Chinese Banquet and we were all very impressed. Although it was also our first chance to be asked to sing ...................

No comments: